How to eat Okra (Lady’s Fingers) To Treat Diabetes, Asthma, Anemia And Failing Eyesight
Okra or otherwise known as “lady’s fingers” represents an annual vegetable grown in tropical, subtropical or warm climate.
This vegetable is quite beneficial and today we tell you exactly why.
Okra has a low-calorie count and represents a great source of fiber, vitamin A, C, and folate. Furthermore, it contains vitamin K, B vitamins, iron, potassium, zinc, calcium, manganese, and magnesium as well as antioxidants like lutein, xanthin, beta-carotene.
Health benefits of the Okra
- Anemia: Increases blood production and prevention of Anemia.
- Anti-Cancer: Due to its antioxidant power, it can improve the immune system and prevent free radicals from spreading.
- Asthma: The abundance of Vitamin C and antioxidants can soothe the intensity of asthmatic attacks
Bone strength: The soluble fiber contained okra is able lower cholesterol which reduces atherosclerosis and the risk of heart issues.
- Constipation: Due to its richness with fiber and mucilaginous it speeds up your metabolism and works as the best laxative.
- Diabetes: Okra has some characteristics similar to insulin which means it is able to regulate your blood sugar level. You should eat about 6-8 young, raw okra every day In order to see this benefit come to life.
- Immune Booster: It can prevent a cough and colds due to the abundance of Vitamin C and antioxidants.
Pregnancy: It is able to reduce the incidence of neural tube defects among newborns.
- Skin health: It helps in the treatment of acne, psoriasis and many other skin issues.
- Vision: Due to the wealth of Beta –carotene, lutein, and xanthin it can do wonders for your eyesight.
How to eat okra when you want to improve your blood sugar?
Just take 3-4 pieces of raw, and cut off the stem part. Make a slit in order to expose the insides and divide it into two pieces. Then, put them in a glass of water. Put them in a mason jar and let it stay during the night at room temperature.
Drink the water the next morning. You can either eat or eliminate it. In a matter of 2-4 weeks, you will notice that your blood sugar levels are significantly lowered.
Always remember to choose the smaller ones instead of the big veggies. You should use it while it’s tender, as it can become quite fibrous when it’s older. Throw away the ones that are soft and the color seems to be off.
Furthermore, it is very important for them to be organic If you can’t find organic, you could always soak them in water with sea salt and apple cider vinegar for 10 minutes, then wash them well. Cut off the tops and cut into smaller pieces of 2-3 inches.
To reduce the mucilage and the “green taste”, you should steam or quickly stir-fry. It can be added to salads or eaten just like that.
Read other related posts:
1. Cleanse Kidneys of Toxins, Diabetes, Asthma, and Cholesterol With Okra Water!
2. After Eating Okra, This is What Happens with Your Body
3. Cleanse Your Pancreas, Liver, And Kidneys With This One Ingredient!
Source: Natural Care Box | Natural Cures And Home Remedies