Worm Exercise: Transform Your Abdomen, Arms And Legs in Record Time
Believe it or not, you already have abdominal muscles. But you can’t see them because they are covered with a layer of fatty deposits. If you want your abdominal muscles to become visible then you need to eliminate fat and tone the muscles trapped under them.
The formula for stomach “tiles”
Lowering fat + increasing abdominal muscles = visible abs muscles.
If your body fat percentage is greater than 25% then do more cardio exercises than strict exercises that cover the abdominal muscle group.
The worm exercise is well-known among Crossfit practitioners. It is not difficult to perform and allows us to force and train the muscles, in addition to burning calories. It is so-called because it imitates the movements of a worm.
The good thing about this exercise is that it allows us to train, tone, and strengthen our muscles without the need for any equipment. Here we explain how to perform the exercise.
- From a standing position, with your feet shoulder-width apart, bend your torso forward until your hands are on the floor.
- Step forward with your hands, as if you were walking with them while using them to support your body.
- Keep your torso firm and contract your muscles.
- Try moving with your palms or forearms into a classic plank position.
- Hold this position for as long as possible, but don’t overdo it at first.
- Slowly return to the starting position, using your hands to “walk” backward.
- Depending on your physical condition, you can start with 2-3 sets of 10-15 repetitions each, then build up.
- In addition to toning muscles, the worm exercise helps strengthen the shoulders, correct posture, increase balance, and stabilize the spine.