Top 5 Exercises to Get a Thigh Gap
These 5 exercises are favorite to most supermodels because they know what works to get that luscious thigh gap.
The inner-thigh workout was designed and demonstrated by Bianca Vesco, certified personal trainer at NYSC Labs in New York City.
If you slay the entire circuit without feeling The Burn (or want to expedite results because #summer), take it from the top, and do a second set of each move for a workout that lasts 10 minutes.
Exercise 1. PLIE SQUATS
- To do this exercise first your feet should be placed wider than shoulder-width apart and your toes should be pointed outward and then you need to bring your hands in front of you and lower down into a squat.
- Next, you need to go as low into the squat as you can and make sure you keep your knees above your toes and then also make sure to push up from your entire foot, the balls of your feet, and your heels.
- Remember to not round your shoulders and to keep your back straight and keep your core tight, because it is important to always exhale when you are contracting the muscles, so you need to make sure to inhale as you go down and exhale on the way up.
- You need to do as many reps as you can for about one minute.
Exercise 2. Pilates Leg Lifts
- Lie down on a side bend your right leg and hold your head with your right arm.
- Streight up your left leg and lift it up as much as you can.
- Lower back your leg without touching the floor and repeat the process.
- After you finish repeat the exercise on the opposite side.
Exercise 3. Bridge Raises
This exercise is essential for healthy elbows, as it helps control the movement of the knees, preventing them from crashing inward, but they form the basis for strong knees because weak or inactive stupid can cause all knee problems.
This exercise also works to strengthen your mice, hamstring, and abs, while minimally does not press on your knees.
- Lie on your back with your legs bent and feet about hip-width apart. Put something between your knees like a rolled-up towel, a pillow, or a dirty teddy bear.
- Lift your hips ups until the line from your knees to your shoulders is straight while squeezing the teddy bear as tight as you can.
- Lower your hips back to start position but do not rest your back on the ground until you finish your reps.
Exercise 4. Inner Leg Lift
- Lie on your side with your top leg bent and your bottom leg extended straight out.
- Slowly lift your bottom leg as high as you can. Keep your feet flared outward to really give your inner thighs a burn
- Keeping the tension in your core and inner thighs, lower back to start position. Do not cheat and rest your leg until you are done with your reps!
Exercise 5. Lateral Lunge
- For this exercise, you need to hold a dumbbell in each hand. Then you need to stand with your core braced and your feet hip-width apart.
- Next, you need to take one step to the right, lowering your right knee until it forms a 90-degree angle to the floor, and the dumbbells are near your right ankle and then push up with your right foot and return to the starting position.
- You need to repeat on the left side for 1 rep.
For best results to get a thigh gap:
As mentioned before, genetics aside, the only way to get a thigh gap is to get rid of the layer of fat on your inner thighs. Getting rid of fat is nothing more than a combination of lifestyle, diet, and exercise. So combine this routine with a proper diet and exercise regimen to get that thigh gap!