Top 5 Butt Exercises For Strong And Toned Glutes
July 3, 2022 | Bodybuilding and Fitness Nutrition | No Comments|
Practicing the right exercises can make you achieve your dream body in a very short period of time. In this process, consistency is the key.
It won’t happen for one or two days, but believe it or not, it doesn’t take long for you to start seeing results if you’re really dedicated.
If you have the popular excuse of not having the time to hit the gym, then we have the perfect workout plan.
This muscle group consists of three major muscles:
- The gluteus maximus.
- The gluteus medius.
- The gluteus minimus.
All of these muscles work together to extend, abduct and rotate your hips. Just think of how involved they are in every complex movement you perform, from moving the body in all possible directions to climbing and running.
These exercises focus on all three groups to make that back look amazing.
- Start by laying on the floor, with the knees bent, and the feet planted firmly on the floor.
- Position your feet in a parallel position to the knees, a bit more than a hip’s width.
- Place a light dumbbell or plate on your hips and lift them off the floor by tightening your glutes, thighs, and abs.
- Don’t use any heavy weight if you’re new to this exercise.
- Slowly, lower down to the initial position, while the hips are still slightly above the floor.
- Perform 3 sets each 15 times
- Position yourself in standing with the hip’s width apart.
- Step forward with your left leg, bend your knee at 90° and hold for 5 seconds.
- Now do the same with the other leg.
- Perform 3 sets each 10-20 reps.
- With time you can add dumbbells to intensify the exercise and increase results.
- Stand up with your legs at hip’s width apart with your toes turned outward and your arms straight out in front of you.
- As you squat down, keep your abs and glutes tight.
- It is essential to keep your knees in line and your toes and back straight.
- Hold this position and then raise and lower your butt as if you were bouncing.
- You can use dumbbells to intensify the exercise.
- Perform 3 sets each 15 times.
- Get on all fours so that your hands are shoulder-width apart and your knees are straight below your hips.
- Bracing your abdomen and keeping your knee bent lift one leg up behind you until it is in line with your body and your foot is parallel to the ceiling.
- Keep a 90-degree bend with your moving leg.
- Perform 15 reps in 3 sets
Donkey Kick/Fire Hydrant Combo
- Start in the same position as for the donkey kick, on all fours with knees at hips-width apart and bent at a 90 degrees angle.
- Keeping the back straight, raise one thigh and bring it close to the chest, then open it outwards, keeping the thigh parallel to the floor.
- Hold for a few moments, then slowly return to the starting position and repeat with the other leg.
- Perform 3 sets with 15 reps each.