The 3 Best Glute exercises to Accentuate Your Physique
September 20, 2022 | Bodybuilding and Fitness Nutrition | No Comments|
Without a doubt, these are the 3 best exercises for the glutes that you will need. Get them right, along with the other tips, and even Beyonce will be forced to induct you into the hall of fame for the most amazing butts… And now onto the glute exercises!
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart while holding a dumbbell in each hand at your sides.
- Extend one leg behind you as you lean forward until your body is parallel to the ground, extending your arms toward the ground.
- Go back to the starting position.
- Repetitions: 12 to 20 repetitions with each leg.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Place the bar just above your shoulders on your trapezius muscles and hold it firmly on both sides.
- Bend your knees, push your hips back, and squat down.
- Lower until your knees form a 90-degree angle.
- Get up slowly without locking your knees and repeat the movement.
- Perform between 8 and 12 repetitions.
Barbell hip thrust
- Start by practicing with a lightweight bar and place it on the floor in front of you.
- Take a typical weight bench and sit with your back against it (on your side).
- Now make sure your shoulders are pressed into the padded section of the bench, with the soles of your feet pressed into the ground.
- Bring the barbell up over your legs and sit it in your lap over your hipbones, making sure it stays straight and well-balanced.
- Use your hands to stabilize the bar before driving up through your heels, contracting your glutes throughout and making sure your shins remain vertical.
- Pause at the top (when your back is horizontal to the ground) before lowering a few inches and repeating the movement.
- If your shins move excessively backward or forwards during the push, it means you’re losing focus on your glutes and using your quads and hamstrings instead.
- So avoid fast reps, focus on contracting your glute muscles, and make sure your range of motion is fairly shallow.
- It should be more or less the same as the glute bridge mentioned above.
- Complete between 8 and 12 reps.