A strong core is the foundation of a healthy and functional body. Not only does a strong core improve your posture and balance, but it also enhances athletic performance and reduces the risk of injuries. When it comes to core strengthening exercises, planks are among the most effective and versatile options available.
In this article, we will explore four dynamic plank exercises that will challenge your core muscles and help you achieve a stronger and more stable midsection.
By incorporating these exercises into your fitness routine, you can take your core strength to the next level.
- Lie down on the ground. Hold your elbows directly under your shoulders and place your wrists in line with your elbows.
- Push your body up and keep your chin close to your neck (as if you were holding a ping pong ball between your chin and throat).
- In this position, contract your abs (as if you were waiting for someone to punch you in the belly) and squeeze your tailbone and thigh muscles. Do a Kegel squeeze (pull your lower pelvic muscles up and hold them tight) to focus on your abdominal muscles.
- Hold this position for at least 20 or 30 seconds, while breathing normally. Rest for a minute and repeat the operation three to five times.
- Get into the plank position.
- Turn your right shoulder and hip toward the ceiling, rotating your feet so that the inside of your right foot and outside of your left foot are on the floor. He returns to the starting position. Do five repetitions on both sides.
- Get into a plank position.
- Raise your right leg two inches off the ground and bring your right knee diagonally toward your chest until your knee touches your left elbow (or armpit, if you’re leaning on your forearms). Go back to the starting position. Do 10 repetitions on both sides.
- Sit on the floor with your legs stretched out in front of you.
- Place your palms on the floor below your shoulders, squeeze your glutes and thighs, and then push your body up into a reverse plank position. (For easier lifting, place your elbows on the floor.) Do 10 repetitions.