7 Yoga Exercises to Lose Belly Fat and Strengthen Your Core
Yoga is known for its blessings to calm the nerves, distressing thoughts, and energies of your frame inside out. It helps to enhance the bloodstream, oxygen waft in the frame and improves the functioning of all your body organs.
But in today’s article, we will focus on the best seven yoga exercises that will reduce your belly fat and come up with a trim tummy.
These exercises are amazing to strengthen your core and in a matter of weeks not only you will see the external progress, but also your mind will be in a much better place.
1. Standing Forward Bend
While leaning forward, this pose is extremely effective in targeting the belly. Don’t worry if you can all the way through with the exercise. You will get better in no time!
- Stand in the Mountain pose, with your hands on either side of the body while your feet rest together, with the heels touching each other.
- Keep your spine straight.
Inhaling deeply, lift your hand upwards.
- As you exhale, bend forward specified your body is parallel to the floor.
- Inhale, then exhale, and bend forward completely, with your body falling away from the hips.
- Try to touch the floor, with palms straight on the floor, and without bending your knees.
- Beginners can try touching the toes or just the ankles to begin with, working your way to the floor.
- Holding your breath, tuck your tummy in, and hold the position for 60 to 90 seconds.
Exhale, leave your toes and lift your body to come back to the Mountain pose.
Repeat this exercise 10 times, leaving an interval of 10 secs between 2 repetitions.
It can be said with confidence that the planks are one of the most effective exercises out there and the ones who already tried them know that they aren’t as easy as they look. However, if you practice them on a daily basis you will get used to it and you will see the progress in a very short period of time.
- Your upper body should be in a straight line when you lift your elbows and fingers, and then you need to maintain a straight line with deep breaths with abdominal muscles.
- The neck, and the head, so by pressing the muscles from the buttocks, divide your weight into your legs and elbows so that you can also strengthen the balance.
- Hold for 15-30 secs or as long as possible
Repeat this exercise 5 times and rest a minimum of 15 seconds between each pose.
3. Pontoon Pose
- The pontoon pose focuses on the back and leg muscles which ultimately helps reduce stored fat in the waist.
- Start in a lying position on your back with your legs stretched out and your arms down at your side.
- Inhale as you lift your legs up while stretching your toes and feet. Your legs should remain straight.
- Form a 45-degree angle with your body by reaching your arms toward your extended legs.
- Breath normally as you hold the post for 15 seconds.
- Release the pose and allow your body to rest for 15 seconds.
Repeat the pose 5 times with a rest in between each one.
4. Cobra Pose
If you are a beginner here is some advice: Be careful do not to overstretch your back and be gentle. The cobra pose is a great posture to strengthen abs and to lose belly pooch.
- First lie on your stomach with your legs stretched out. Then place your palms on the ground underneath your shoulders and your elbows should be folded upward and then press your thighs, navel, and toes into the ground.
- Next, you need to slowly raise your upper body (head, chest, and stomach) with the support of your arms, while breathing deeply and bringing your shoulder blades to close together.
- You need to maintain this position for 15 to 30 seconds. Then lower your upper body back to the ground put your hands beside you and then rest for a minute.
Repeat the exercise 5 to 10 times.
5. Mountain Pose
This simple exercise will help you improve your posture and also in firming your abnormal area.
- Keep your feet together as you stand erect and stretch your hands in the air as much as possible.
- inhale deeply and stretch your spine.
- Try lifting your ankles and standing on your toes, with the eyes facing the ceiling.
- Hold this pose for 20 to 30 secs.
Repeat the asana 10 times, increasing the count gradually. Relax for 10 secs before you attempt the next repetition.
6. Bow Pose
This pose energizes your body, improves digestion and tightens your abdominal muscles.
- Lie on your stomach on a yoga mat with your arms on your sides and legs stretched out.
- Raise your legs to bend your knees and bring them towards your head.
- Stretch back your arms and hold your ankles with your hands.
Hold the position for 15 to 30 seconds and return back to starting position.
7. Bridge Pose
If you are a beginner here is some advice: You need to place a bolster or block under your lower back, below the region right above your tailbone, for support.
To do this pose you should lie on your back on your feet close to your hips and then lift your hips up and hold for 8-10 breaths.
This pose works the chest, heart, shoulders, spine, back of the neck, and hip flexors and is also considered a mild inversion, in this pose, your heart is placed over your head.
Provides relief from stress, fatigue, and insomnia definitely improves your fertility and hence, increases your chances of getting pregnant, and stimulates the thyroid glands.
It is best to make a routine out of these amazing exercises, at least 2-3 times per week. In combination with a healthy diet, you will see results in no time and you will feel reborn!