If you’re looking to sculpt and strengthen your glutes, it’s crucial to incorporate exercises that specifically target these muscles. The glutes, consisting of the gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and gluteus minimus, are the largest muscles in the body and play a vital role in lower body strength, stability, and aesthetics.
In this article, we will explore five highly effective movements that will not only wake up your glutes but also help them grow.
Get ready to activate and amplify your glute power!
- Start on all fours, with your knees just below your hips and your hands just below your shoulders.
- Keep your back and neck straight and look forward.
- Keeping your knee bent, lift your right leg out to the side until your thigh is parallel to the floor. Hold the position for a few moments and lower your leg to the starting position.
- When you finish, repeat the exercise on the opposite side.
- Do 12 repetitions on each side.
- Stand next to a bench with your back straight.
- Place your hands on your waist or hold one or two dumbbells at chest height.
- Place one leg at a 90-degree angle and place it on the bench, keeping the other leg straight and firmly planted on the ground.
- Drive the weight of your body through the heel of your left leg and simultaneously push your right foot.
- Pause and hold the weight in the air for a second.
- Slowly return to the starting position and repeat on the other side.
- Do 12 to 15 repetitions on each side.
- Stand a little wider than shoulder width and hands clasped at chest height.
- From that position and, without moving your feet, lean as far as you can to one side.
- Return to the starting position and repeat on the other side. That’s a repeat.
- Do 12 to 15 repetitions.
- Lie face up with your knees bent and feet resting on the floor.
- Raise your hips off the ground so that your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Pause when you are in that position and then slowly lower your body to the ground.
- Do 2 series of 12 seconds.
Bulgarian Split Squats
- Adopt a split stance with your right foot forward and your left foot elevated on a bench placed behind you.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your elbows close to your body.
- Inhale and lower your left knee (back knee) toward the floor while keeping your torso upright.
- Exhale and push your right foot (front foot) toward the ground to return to the starting position.
- Complete 10 repetitions and then change legs. Complete three sets with each leg.