There is no doubt that crunches and squats are beneficial, however, apart from being quite difficult to do, many people have back and neck pain after doing them.
That is why in today’s article we present some alternatives that provide the same benefits to losing calories. In addition, they are perfect for a beginner and we recommend that you try them.
Elbow-knee side plank
Do between 10 and 20 reps on each side.
- Sit on the floor, lift your feet off the ground and lean back slightly. It’s about keeping your balance in that position.
- With your arms extended in front of you, twist to one side of your body and then to the next.
- To make it more complicated you can do it with a medicine ball.
- Repeat this exercise 10 times. A full turn is a turn to the left, plus a turn to the right.
Complete 12 full turns.
Medicine ball sit-ups
- Medicine ball exercises are one of the most effective exercises to work the trunk in a very short time. Lie down, with your legs stretched out.
- Hold a medicine ball above your head. Raise your legs keeping them as straight as possible as you bring the medicine ball towards them. Lower slowly and repeat.
- If you find it difficult at first, bend your knees toward your chest instead of keeping your legs straight.
Do 3 sets of 10-15 repetitions.
- For this exercise, you have to get into a plank position and bring your left knee towards your chest.
- Then you have to bring it back to the starting position and then do the same but with your right knee towards your chest, reproducing the aspect of a climbing movement.
Repeat the movement for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Lie down on the floor with both legs vertical as if you were against a wall.
- Place your arms outstretched on the floor and put your hands under your buttocks.
- Now slowly lower your right leg and bring it as close to the ground as you can, but without touching it.
- Then slowly raise it back to the starting position. Do the same with the left leg. this is a repeat
Perform 10 to 15 repetitions.