A slim waist is a coveted fitness goal for many individuals. While spot reduction is not possible, incorporating targeted exercises into your fitness routine can help strengthen and tone your core muscles, leading to a more defined waistline. In this article, we will explore three ideal movements that can help you slim your waist in record time.
So, let’s get started on your journey to a trimmer midsection.
Exercise 1: V-shaped crunches
- First you have to lie down on the ground. Next extend your arms above your head. That’s the initial position.
- Next, stand up, bringing your arms extended and straight towards your legs, which you also lift straight.
- The idea is to lean on your buttocks trying to touch (or get as close as possible) your feet with your hands. Then inhale as you return to the starting position.
- You must repeat it between 15 and 25 times.
Exercise 2: Bicycle crunches
- Lie on an exercise mat, looking up.
- Place your arms with your hands behind your ears or head.
- You must bend your legs alternately, bringing them closer to the abdomen. Synchronizing the movement of the legs with that of the arms. Bringing the elbow of one hand to the knee of the opposite leg. And vice versa.
- Try to do between 10 and 15 repetitions with each leg.
Exercise 3: Mountain climber
- For this exercise, you have to get into a high plank position.
- Continue bringing the left knee towards the chest, then you have to bring it to the starting position and then do the same but with the right knee towards the chest, reproducing the appearance of a climbing movement.
- Count up to 30 movements between both legs.