3 Exercises That Are Equivalent to 100 Sit-ups
We assume that you know very well that there are exercises that work and others that don’t, and this is a very simple truth.
The American Exercise Council (ACE) says the same thing and that is that you will notice better results after certain exercises, but not all will be equally effective for you.
Let’s talk about our belly or abdominal area. Are you one of those people where your belly is a problem area and you are not satisfied with what you see? Are you one of those people who are interested in keeping your stomach flat but don’t want to leave the house?
Well, we have good news for you, and this article can help you exercise at home.
Below we explain how to put into practice 3 versions of an exercise, the plank, which is one of the most effective for sculpting abdominal muscles and burning stored fat.
According to a recent study carried out in Spain, one minute of plank exercise corresponds to about 100 classic abdominal exercises.
- Lie on the ground, face down.
- Position your arms so that your shoulders are directly over your elbows.
- With your wrists in line with your elbows in a straight line (see image above).
- Contract your abdominal muscles and gluteal muscles (the muscles that make up your buttocks) and hold the position for as long as you can.
- Gradually lengthen the holding time of the position.
- Rest for about a minute between repetitions.
- Try to resist as long as possible.
- Begin in the plank position.
- Slowly she brings her hands as far as possible in front of you.
- Stay in that position with your arms and back straight and your buttocks contracted for 10 seconds.
- Return your hands to the normal plank position.
- You must perform 10 repetitions.
- Begin in a tabletop pose (on all fours).
- Facing the ground with the neck in a neutral position.
- Extends the right leg behind and your left arm in front (both should be parallel to the ground).
- Hold the position for a few seconds and return to the starting position.
- Do the movement with the opposite leg and arm.
- Do 12 repetitions on each side.