Are you looking to slim down and tone up the outer thighs? You’re not alone! Many people struggle with excess fat in this area, but with the right exercises and consistency, you can achieve the results you desire.
In this article, we’ll explore ten effective exercises that specifically target the outer thighs and can be done in the comfort of your own home. Get ready to say goodbye to outer thigh fat and hello to toned, sculpted legs!
- Lie on your right side with your arm extended along the mat and your head relaxed on your arm. Bend both knees and bring them forward slightly to align your feet with your buttocks, making sure your hips are stacked and that you maintain a small space between your waist and the floor. This is the initial position.
- Exhale. Keeping your feet together, engage your right glute to raise your right knee toward the ceiling, making sure to maintain distance between your waist and the floor.
- Inhale. Lower your right knee to return to the starting position.
- Complete 10 reps on the same side before completing the remaining reps on the other side.
One-leg glute bridges
- Perform single-leg glute bridges by lying on your back with your palms facing down at your sides.
- Extend one leg, squeeze your glutes and push with the other leg.
- Keep your upper back in contact with the ground, raise your hips until your extended leg forms a straight line with your back.
- Repetitions: 12 to 20 repetitions with each leg.
- Start in a push-up position with your hips centered and your hands placed under your shoulders.
- Take the left foot diagonally towards the right hand and then alternate bringing the right foot towards the left hand. This is a repeat.
- Make sure to keep your glutes and obliques contracted while you do this.
- You must repeat it between 15 and 25 times.
Lunge with reverence
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Putting your weight on your right foot, step back and pivot with your left foot – almost as if you were bowing – allowing your arms to be placed in front of you in a comfortable position. Make sure your chest stays straight.
- Begin to stretch your right leg, pushing up through the heel and returning your left foot to the starting position.
- Do 10 repetitions on each side.
- Stand with a bench or step in front of you.
- Starting with your right foot, step onto the bench, lightly tapping your left foot against the surface while keeping your weight on your right heel.
- Lower your left foot back to the ground while keeping your right foot on the bench.
- Repeat 3 sets of 12 repetitions and then change legs.
- First of all, you must lie on your right side with your legs extended and your feet and hips resting on the floor one on top of the other.
- Next, your right elbow should be directly below your shoulder as shown, then contract your core muscles and lift your hips and knees off the floor.
- You have to hold on as long as you can. And then return to the starting position. Then do the other side and repeat.
- Stand with your feet a little wider than hip-width apart and turn your feet outward.
- Keep your hands together in front of your chest, push your hips down and back into a squat.
- The weight should fall on the heels and the toes should be able to move freely. Make sure to keep your chest up and your back straight.
- Return to standing position and repeat.
- Do 10 repetitions.
- Start on all fours on a yoga mat. Make sure your knees are below your hips and your hands are below your shoulders. Place your spine in a neutral position and draw your shoulder blades down and back.
- Exhale. Keeping your knee bent, release and raise your right leg until your thigh is in line with your spine, making sure your foot remains flexed.
- Inhale. Lower your right leg to return to the starting position, but without resting your knee on the mat.
- Complete 10 repetitions on the same side, before repeating the remaining repetitions on the other side.
- Start standing, with your feet together, arms bent and hands clasped behind your head.
- Jump with your feet out and when you land, squat down immediately, keeping your arms where they are.
- Extend your legs and jump your feet back to the starting position, and immediately jump out again.
- Complete 3 sets of 12 repetitions.
- Lie face down on the floor with your arms and legs extended.
- Raise your chest and legs off the ground as high as possible. Keep your neck neutral.
- Return to the starting position.
- Repeat for 3 sets of 12 repetitions.