They Said Coconut Oil Was Great For You, But This is What They Didn’t Tell You
You may here all kinds of coconut products nowadays, like: coconut oil, coconut Soya, coconut water, coconut butter, coconut flour, coconut cream, coconut milk, sauce and coconut shreds. Coconut has became so popular and the varieties become endless.
We know that coconut is very tasty and also smells good, but thats not the only reason for its popularity to grow so rapidly. Scientist found 127 good reasons for it’s use.
The coconut tree is considered the tree of life in much of Southeast Asia, India, the Philippines, and other tropical locations. And today, there are over 1,500 studies proving the health benefits of coconut oil.
Coconut (C. Nucifera) is a part of the Arecaceae (Palmae) family and belongs to the subfamily Cocoideae The flesh of the coconut is rich in healthy acids, and its structure of fat may change depending on its processing type and process.
If we talk about the medium-chain saturated fatty acids they are usually around 90% of the whole content, also this combination goes with small portion of polyunsaturated and mono-unsaturated fatty acids.
The good news about the medium-chain saturated fatty acids (MCFAs) are easily absorbed and digested by the human organism, they move freely cross the blood-brain barrier in the unbound form, this means it helps the neurological process and also it gives the body big amount of energy.
Especially note that unrefined, also called virgin coconut oil is very useful, also is more cheap, available and entirely natural. It has a such a structure that is extremely beneficial for our health.
Virgin coconut oil:
– It is nontoxic
– Anti-inflammatory properties
– Powerful anti-carcinogenic properties (inhibits the spread of cancer cells and boosts the immune system)
– Antioxidant properties (prevents the formation of free radicals and the damage they cause)
– It enhances the absorption of nutrients (it is easily digestible; and makes fat-based vitamins, like vitamin K, E, D, A, more available to the body)
– Anti-microbial/ Infection-fighting properties ( it effectively kills viruses, yeast, bacteria, protozoa and parasites)
Internal Health Problems
Coconut oil has many properties that helps the human body in numerous ways, when taken internally coconut oil benefits include:
1. Mild Depression and Cognitive Disease In this case, take coconut oil in combination with fish oil, CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy), and other treatment methods
2. Bowel function gut infections, constipation, IBD (inflammatory bowel disease)
3. Cancer Studies have demonstrated that coconut oil prevents breast and colon cancer
5. Candida Albicans
6. Allergies seasonal hay fever
7. Cholesterol improves the ratio of HDL (good cholesterol) to LDL (bad cholesterol) in individuals with high cholesterol levels
8. H. pylori – In this case, take coconut oil orally.
9. Epilepsy – Coconut oil may effectively reduce epileptic seizures
10. Hemorrhoids – You should apply coconut oil externally or internally two times a day
11. Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Alternating diarrhea and constipation are key signs of IBS
12. Hot Flashes
13. Menstruation Relief - This oil alleviates pain, heavy blood flow, and cramps
14. Liver Disease
15. Chronic and adrenal Fatigue
16. Diabetes - Coconut oil prevents food cravings and stabilizes blood sugar levels
18. Cystic Fibrosis and Bronchial Infections
19. Asthma - In both, adults, and children
20. Acid Reflux/ Indigestion - In this case, consume coconut oil after meals
21. Gas - The imbalance of bacteria in the gut often leads to foul gas. This oil has mild anti-microbial properties and thus re-establishes healthy gut flora
22. Colds and Flues - Coconut oil has potent anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties and is extremely useful in case of colds and flu
24. Migraines - In this case, you ought to use it regularly
26. Bladder Infections and Urinary Tract Infections
27. Thyroid Function - It provides regulation in case of overactive or underactive thyroid gland
28. Prostate Enlargement - BPH – benign prostatic hyperplasia
29. Stomach Ulcers - It soothes the stomach lining and reduces the growth of H. pylori
32. Flaky, dry skin- Insufficient amounts of oil lead to dandruff and dry skin
33. Poor Circulation - If you constantly feel cold or in the case of edema, particularly in the extremities, apply this oil to the skin in a circular motion towards the heart.
34. Gallbladder Disease - Dietary oils raise the bile flow, which is beneficial in the case of gallbladder problems
35. Kidney Disease and Stones - It is really helpful as it dissolves small stones in the kidneys
36. Heart Disease - It provides protection for arteries from injury that leads to atherosclerosis
37. Lung Disease
38. Tooth Decay and Periodontal Disease
39. Mental Clarity
40. Immune System Builder
Personal Hygiene and the Body
Its time to throw out your chemical-laden personal care products and replace them with coconut oil.
41. Body Scrub - You should mix some salt and this oil, or you can add some other essential oil for a better smell as well, and rub your body. Afterward, wash the mixture off and your skin will be incredibly soft!
42. Bruises - It reduces redness and swelling, and thus accelerates the healing process. Apply it directly to the bruise.
43. Bug Bites - It accelerates the healing process, as it reduces the burning sensation, as well as itching. Therefore, apply it directly on the affected area.
44. Burns - It promotes healing and prevents scars. Therefore, apply it immediately on the burn and continue using it until you solve the issue.
45. Swimmers Ear - Mic coconut and garlic oil and pour a few drops in the ear and leave them for 10 minutes. Repeat this method twice or three times a day, and you will solve the problem in a few days.
46. Deodorant - You can use it as a deodorant, but it provides amazing effects when combined with baking soda and cornstarch/arrowroot powder.
47. Hair conditioner/ Deep Treatment - Apply a teaspoon of this oil to the ends and through the hair with the fingers, and use it as a leave-in hair conditioner. In order to use it as a deep treatment, rub in a tablespoon of this amazing oil onto the dry scalp and rub a bit in the hair ends and put a shower cap and leave it to act overnight.
48. Diaper Salve - It has no chemicals and it is great on a rashy bum, and completely safe for cloth diapers.
49. Eye cream - At bedtime, apply some coconut oil on the eyelids. Moreover, in order to reduce wrinkles, bags and puffiness, apply it under the eyes.
50. Age Spots - In order to make it fade, apply some oil directly to the age spot.
51. Skin Conditions - It provides relief in the case of eczema, dermatitis, and psoriasis.
52. Wrinkle Prevention and reduction - rub some coconut oil on the wrinkles and sagging skin, and you will strengthen the connective tissues and rejuvenate the skin.
53. Chapstick - Rub some coconut oil on your lips and it will soften them and protect them, as it has an SPF of about 4.
54. After Shave - Coconut oil successfully heals the skin after shaving and does not clog the pores.
55. Baldness - Mix thyme, rosemary, coconut oil, lavender, cedarwood, Grapeseed/ castor oil, a little cayenne pepper and jojoba oil. Apply this mixture at bedtime or three times during the day and massage the affected are, and it will support cell regeneration.
56. Cradle Cap - It effectively nourishes the baby skin and helps you get rid of cradle cap. You should rub some into the scalp on a daily basis.
57. Makeup Remover - Dab some coconut oil with a cotton swab and it will remove makeup and leave the skin soft and radiant!
58. Stretch Marks - This oil effectively nourishes damaged skin and miraculously reduces stretch marks.
59. Moisturizer - Apply some coconut oil on the body and it will moisture it.
60. Sun Burn Relief - Rub some coconut oil into the affected areas and it will relieve the sunburned skin.
61. Face Wash/ Soap - Mix coconut oil with almond oil, olive oil, castor oil and avocado oil in equal amounts and use the mixture to wash your face instead of your soap. Rub it in, leave it on the face in order to act for 2 minutes, wash it off and pat dry.
62. Nipple Cream - It nourishes sore, cracked and dry nipples. Apply some of the oil on a cotton ball and leave it on the affected areas between feedings.
63. Sunscreen - It has an SPF of around 4.
64. Pre-Shave - It will prepare the skin for the upcoming damage resulting from shaving.
65. Hair Gel/ Defrizzer - Rub a bit coconut oil between the palms and finger comb, or in case, your hair is curly, scrunch into the hair on the ends.
66. Lubricant - Note that it is not compatible with latex, but it is a completely natural, safe personal lubricant for sex and masturbation.
67. Massage Oil - Just get some coconut oil and rub it, it is fantastic for massaging!
68. Healing - As soon as you apply coconut oil on the cuts and scrapes, it creates a thin chemical layer which prevents viruses, bacteria, and dust. It accelerates the healing process by repairing the damaged tissues and has an incredible smell.
69. Tattoo Healing and Moisturizer - The regular use of coconut oil will prevent fading of the pigment and it will accelerate the healing process and prevent infections.
70. Toothpaste - Mix some coconut oil with baking soda and brush your teeth with the mixture.
71. Acne Skin Fix - Apply a bit of coconut oil underneath the makeup or alone in order to reduce the stimulation of the oil gland. Usually, the skin which is susceptible to acne may be too dry and thus indicate that the gland excessively produces oil and the pores are clogged
72.Genital Warts - In most cases, genital warts vanish on their own after 2 years of the initial infection, but if you use coconut oil topically, you will cure them after 6-month treatment
73.Dandruff - Oil secretion may be one of the most common causes of dandruff. Coconut oil reduces it, as well as it moistures the scalp and alleviates the dandruff symptoms.
Topical Health Problems
74. Pink eye - You should apply coconut oil to the eye and around it
75. Ear infection - It fights the infection, and in order to reduce the pain, you should pour several drops of coconut and garlic oil inside the ear two times during the day
76. Athletes Foot
78. Decongestant - If you are congested due to an allergy or a cold, you should rub some coconut oil on the chest and under your nose
79. Cysts and boils
80. Coconut oil reduce the swelling and itching
81. Acne - The skin which is susceptible to acne, is often excessively dry, meaning that your glands produce much oil and clog the pores.
82. Allergies/Hay Fever - For fast relief, you should rub a little coconut oil inside the nostrils, and the pollen will cling to the oil.
83. Head Lice - Apply it topically
84.Herpes - You should take it orally and apply it topically
85. Sore Muscles and Back Pain
86. Toenail Fungus
87. Gingivitis, Gum Disease, Canker Sores - You can rub it directly on the gums, or use it as a toothpaste
88. Circumcision healing - Coconut oil are helpful in the healing
General Health and Wellness
89. Gum Health - Oil pulling is one of the most effective treatments in case of gum infections and diseases.
90. Lung Function - Coconut oil raises the fluidity of cell surfaces.
91. Mental Cognition and Productivity - The medium chain triglycerides in coconut oil freely pass the blood-brain barrier and represent an alternate energy source to enhance cognition.
92. Nausea - You should rub a bit of coconut oil on the inside of your wrist and forearm in order to relieve an upset stomach.
93. Digestion - Coconut oil contains saturated fats which control fungi and parasites that lead to indigestion and other issues linked to digestion, like irritable bowel syndrome. This fat also helps the absorption of minerals, vitamins and amino acids, and thus promotes overall health.
94. Breastfeeding - Breastfeeding mothers should regularly take 3 ½ tablespoons of this oil in order to enhance the milk supply.
95. Insulin Support - It stimulates the secretion of insulin secretion and the use of blood glucose, so it is perfect for diabetics and non-diabetic.
96. Bones and Teeth - It helps the absorption of magnesium and calcium and thus enhances the bone and teeth development.
97. The absorption of vitamins and nutrients - This oil makes the fat-based nutrients, like vitamin D, E, A and K more available to the body
98. Fitness - It has been proven to support the function of the thyroid, boost the metabolism, and increase energy levels, all of which reduce fat and increase the muscle mass.
99. Stress Relief - Apply some coconut oil to the head in a circular motion by massaging, and its aroma is relaxing and soothing and will reduce stress.
100. Weight loss - Coconut oil contains saturated fats which prevent food cravings and promote weight loss.
101.Nose bleeds - This oil effectively prevents prevent nose bleeding which appears as a sensitivity to weather, like extreme cold or heat. This occurs as soon as the nasal passages dry due to dry or cold air, and cause cracks and burns and cracks in the mucus membranes. In this case, you should apply some coconut oil to the nostrils in order to strengthen and protect the capillaries in the nasal passages.
Many of the health benefits of coconut oil for humans also apply to animals.
The dosage of coconut oil recommended for your pets is 1/4 teaspoon for every 10 pounds of the animals body weight two times during the day. However, consult your veterinarian before you use it.
102. Regulation and balancing of insulin and enhancement of the function of the thyroid
103. Reduces or gets rid of bad breath in dogs
104. Enhances coats - The coat of your pet becomes glossy and sleek and deodorizes the odor of your dog
105. Prevents or controls diabetes
106. Clears up skin conditions, including itchy skin, eczema, contact dermatitis and flea allergies
107. Helps in the case of ligament issues and arthritis
108. Alleviates allergic reactions and promotes skin health
109. It is excellent for the general wellness of your cats and dogs. You should add a teaspoon of coconut oil to their water every day.
110. Reduces cough and hairballs
111. Accelerates the healing process of wounds and disinfects cuts
112. Supports healing - Apply it topically to wounds, cuts, hot spots, stings, bites, dry skin and hair
113. Provides energy in the case of sedentary dogs – The medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) in coconut oil enhance the brain energy metabolism and reduce the accumulation of amyloid protein which causes brain lesions in older dogs.
114. Boosts digestion and helps the absorption of nutrients
115. Helps the healing of digestive disorders such as colitis and inflammatory bowel syndrome
116. Prevention and treatment of yeast and fungal infections, like candida
117. Increases energy and promotes weight loss
118. Seasoning cookware
119. Oiling wood bowls and wood cutting boards
120. Goo Gone - Mix baking soda and coconut oil in equal amounts in order to create a paste and apply it on the sticky area. Leave it thus for 1 minute and scrub it off with a sponge or with an older toothbrush.
121. Make a soap - You can use this oil instead of other fats and make a natural homemade soup.
122. Polishing Bronze - Rub some coconut oil onto a cotton towel and wipe down the statues in your home, in order to clean them and deepen the bronze color.
123. Insect repellent - Mix peppermint extract and some coconut oil and rub the mixture over the exposed areas, in order to avoid insects.
124. Polish Furniture - Mix some coconut oil with some lemon juice to polish the wood furniture in your home.
125. Use it to clean and moisturize the leather products
126. Seasoning animal hides drums
127. Chewing Gum in Hair Remover Rub a bit of coconut oil over the chewing gum stuck in your hair, leave it for half an hour and roll the gum between the fingertips.