Ditch These Light Bulbs That Cause Migraines and Even Cancer

Ditch These Light Bulbs That Cause Migraines and Even Cancer

In the past few years the energy – saving light bulbs are becoming more and more popular, simply because they offer money savings for the users and also are also environment friendly.

Recent studies conducted by the US Environmental Protection Agency indicated that these light bulbs are actually toxic.

If a bulb of these kind is broken it releases a poison gas.

Many of us don’t really pay attention how we actually dispose them, that’s why they break in the garbage bin. In case they brake inside, then the problem is much bigger.

These light-bulbs release 20x more mercury in the air and this is a serious issue.

According to a study conducted by researchers from the Fraunhofer Wilhelm Klauditz Institute for German’s Federal Environment Agency suggest that the following symptoms are very likely to be experienced:

• Dizziness
• Cluster headaches
• Migraines
• Seizures
• Fatigue
• Inability to concentrate
• Anxiety

What’s more important these light-bulbs can increase the chance of getting cancer. Experts are suggesting the old-fashioned bulbs.

In case you are still not convinced as to why you should throw the new modern light -bulbs here are some more specific facts.

Ditch These Light Bulbs That Cause Migraines and Even Cancer

1. Mercury

The most common reason why people choose these light-bulbs is mainly because they safe energy. But what these companies don’t tell us is that they are filled with mercury, which is a neurotoxin that is very dangerous, especially for women and children. This neurotoxin can cause damage to the brain, kidneys, leaver and the nervous system. Also, it has a negative effect on the heart, reproductive system and the immune system.

2. Carcinogenic

In the Alab Laboratory which is located in Berlin, Germany determined that the Energy Efficient Bulbs

Are poisonous carcinogens. This means that due a continuous use they can cause cancer.

3. Phenol

These light-bulbs also contain high amounts of phenol which is an acidic crystalline solid that is gained from a coal tar. This substance is also very toxic.

4. Naphthalene

This quite volatile material that is also a white crystalline is gained from distilling a coal tar. Usually this substance is used to create mothballs and other chemicals.

The situation is so alarming that the light that you’re using back home can be compared to having a sun in your house. The reason for that is because these bulbs emit UV rays, particularly UV-B and some UV-C radiation types. The more exposed on this light you are the higher the risk of acquiring cancer, particularly skin cancer. Use the traditional lights and safe yourself and your family from such risk.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *