Aldi To Go Full Organic, Bans Pesticides And Rivals Whole Foods As Healthiest Grocery Store
German retailer Aldi has announced that as of January 1st they will be removing 8 pesticides from all products on its U.S. store shelves. We’re probably going to have a new healthiest supermarket chain since 1 January 2017. Not only is it extremely healthy, Aldi is also super cheap.
Here are the pesticides that you will no longer find in Aldi’s products:
Although many pesticides and chemicals were already removed by Aldi, will become even more strict with these dangerous ingredients next year.
Some of the things they are doing for the health of their customers:
-Adding gluten-free products
– Expanding organic food brands
– Removing harmful artificial ingredients
– Removing synthetic colors
– The meat they sell has no additives, added antibiotics, hormones and animal by-products. Also, the fresh and organic meet production is increased.
– They will use SimplyNature line, which has 125 artificial ingredients removed and is gluten-free.
– Aldi’s milk is already without artificial growth hormones, but since 1 January, yogurt, sour cream, cottage cheese and other products will be free of this hormone too.
– More and more high end foods are available, for example, coconut oil, quinoa, smoked salmon, artisan cheeses etc.
In the USA, Aldi has around 1.500 supermarkets. By 2018, that number should reach 2.000. People are becoming more aware of the health issues they can have with bad diet, so without doubt, Aldi will grow even larger in the time to come.
This is Business Insider’s statement about Aldi supermarkets:
“The grocery chain is expanding organic-food brands, removing some artificial ingredients from its products, and adding more gluten-free items in hopes of attracting more health-conscious shoppers.”
Source: Organic And Healthy