14 Cancer-Causing Foods You Should NEVER Put In Your Mouth Again (I Will NEVER Eat #7 Again)
The American Institute for Cancer states on their website:
“Research has shown that most cancers can be prevented. Scientists now estimate that 60 percent to 70 percent of cancers are all preventable through currently available information and simple changes in diet and lifestyle.”
This is a very encouraging statement that reminds us that we are in control and changing our diet and lifestyle not only will improve our health but also will help us avoid toxins that can increase the chances of cancer.
1. BPA lined cans – BPA stands for bisphenol A. BPA is an industrial chemical that has been used to make certain plastics and resins since the 1960s. Epoxy resins are used to coat the inside of metal products, such as food cans, bottle tops and water supply lines. Some dental sealants and composites also may contain BPA. Laboratory studies in cells and animals have linked BPA to cancer, infertility, diabetes and obesity. You can easily recognize BPA item, there are usually not labeled as BPA free product.
2. Cured and Smoked Foods – Nitrates and nitrites compounds are used in the process of making these foods. They function as a preservatives, which prevent the food from spoiling and also they add color to the product. When cooked, nitrites and nitrates change into by-products called N-nitroso compounds, such as nitrosamines and nitrosamides. N-nitroso compounds are associated with an increased risk of cancer.
3. Farmed fish – Most of the farmed fish contain chemical pollutants, that includes PCB’s a known carcinogen. In the process of farming the space that the fish live is small and that means they are a lot more exposed to diseases than fish in wild. For this case antibiotic are used to make the fish less susceptible from such occurrence. Also the other problem is sea lice, so because of that they are feed with pesticides.
4. GMOs – (Genetically Modified Organisms) Sadly nowadays GMO food took over the market and now is more likely to be found an GMO product then a natural one. When shopping look for GMO free products.
To learn more about GMOS and their health risks go to: www.responsibletechnology.org
5. Grilled Meat – Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, or PAHs, are produced through certain types of combustion, such as the burning of coal or wood. An additional problem is created when fat from meat drips onto a fire, creating a flare up and smoke, this allows the PAHs yo affix themselves to the food you’re cooking increasing your risk for carcinogenic exposure.
6. Hydrogenated Oils – Hydrogenated oils, also known as trans – fats are a man-made product. These oils have a chemical structure that has been altered to prevent the product from going rancid in order to increase their shelf life. The Harvard School of Public Health notes that trans fats promote immune system over-activity and inflammation and are linked to heart disease, stroke and diabetes, among other chronic diseases. In addition to being chemically extracted from their source, chemicals are also used to mask the odor and change the taste of the oil.
7. Microwave Popcorn – You should avoid using microwave popcorn, because these bags are lined with Perfluoroalkyls, perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) and perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) to prevent oil from soaking through the packaging. So, you should know that when heated, these chemicals leach into the popcorn. And when these chemicals are ingested, they show up as blood contaminants. PFOA has been associated with tumors in animal organs (liver, pancreas, testicles and mammary glands in rats), and increases in prostate cancer in PFOA plant workers.
8. Non Organic Fruits & Vegetables – You should also know that the conventionally grown crops are grown with pesticides, herbicides and GMO seeds. All of which are hazardous to your health.
9. Processed foods – These foods that are full with nitrites and nitrates can increase the risk of stomach and other cancers. Processed foods contain white flours, sugars, oils, colors, flavorings and other unhealthy ingredients.
10. Refined Sugars – Sugar and health problems are very much related. They can cause unhealthy levels of blood fats, low HDL levels, increased risk for heart disease, higher blood triglyceride levels, obesity, immune suppression, arthritis and a host of other ills. Many studies indicate that the cancer cells thrive on sugar.
11. Soda/Sports Drinks – These beverages that contain high amounts of fructose corn syrup, sugar, dyes, brominated vegetable oil (a flame retardant), aspartame and other chemicals are very dangerous. They don’t have any nutritional value.
12. Soy Protein Isolate – Around 95 % of U.S.-grown soybean are used in the production of soy protein isolate, they are genetically modified to withstand herbicides. The American Dietetic Association explains that this this food item contains anti-nutrients that can develop or delay the body’s ability to digest food and absorb the nutrients into the blood stream. The process of making soy goes through acid washing in aluminum tanks and its good to know that aluminum is toxic and can affect the function of the kidneys and the nervous system.
13. White flour – The seeds from which are developed the commercial grains are treated with fungicide. The plants are then splashed with pesticides, and collected and put away in bins covered with bug sprays. Grains are then prepared in high temperature speed rollers. Chlorine oxide as a chlorine gas shower is used as a whitener, and also for maturing the product. In the end, the starch we are buying has no supplements and is brimming with poisons.
14. Sugar – As we mentioned cancer cells thrive on sugar and avoiding it, or consuming no more than the recommended amount will greatly help to keep our health safe.