12 Dangerous Bedtime Habits That You Should Always Avoid!
Note: By avoiding these bedtime habits, you will improve the quality of your sleep.
1. Drinking a lot of water before going to bed is not recommended and the reason for that is because you probably will have to wake up 2-3 times during the night to go to bathroom.
2. Taking a nap during the day can effect the quality of the sleep during the night. These naps are not recommended and the best way to gain a good sleeping habit is to go to bed every night in the same time and you brain will automatically shut down for is used to do so every night.
3. Devices such as the computer, TV or the phone set the brain on high alert so after using them it is much harder to fall a sleep. Best way to avoid this scenario is to avoid using these electronic devices at least one hour before you go to bed.
4. It might sound surprising but reading a book before is also not recommended immediately before sleep. You can read it a little earlier but don’t bring your book to bed.
5. The alarm clocks with bright numbers can disturb your good night sleep so best to by alarm clock with dim lights.
6. Some thing that you shouldn’t safe money on it is the mattress. So by buying a high quality mattress will directly effect the quality of the sleep as well. You will wake up fresh and full with energy.
7. One mistake many people share is eating before sleep. When eating in such time make sure its at least 2 hours before bed time. This case is not good if you have extra pounds, but also your body may keep you awake for digestion process.
8. As exercise has many health benefits it also improve you good night sleep, but note that you shouldn’t exercise at least 3 hours before you go to sleep.
9. If your feet are cold, you can’t fall asleep immediately. This is why you should warm your feet put on some socks or get a heating pad.
10. Bedtime routine can be built and your brain will recognize that is time for bed. You can start by going to the bathroom, brush your teeth and wash your face.
11. You probably know this but is important to mention that coffee is out of the question, at least 4 hours before you go to sleep. The coffee boosts your metabolism and will be very hard to fall asleep.
12. The sleeping position is greatly associated with how you will wake up in the morning, expert recommend the back position, but if you have problems with snoring then you can sleep on a side ( the left side). Avoid sleeping on the stomach. When you will wake up you won’t feel any back or neck pain this way.